Monday 2 July 2012

Know your limits

A good manager knows the strengths and weaknesses of her staff.

For those of us who work for ourselves, that means knowing our own strengths and weaknesses.

I am not good at late nights.  I'm happy to work in the evenings when I need to, but I know I can't do anything too complex or anything which involves detailed work.  I can write, do admin, think general thoughts, but don't ask me to do even the simplest of sums or write a cogent argument for anything.

That can wait for the morning, when the brain kicks in again.  So tonight, I push aside the 'thinking work', do the 'donkey work' and plan to leave off before 8:30pm.  Yet I'm sure there are a lot of other home workers out there who will only just be getting going at that hour.

Home working allows for diversity and personal quirks - another point in its favour!

My second interview at Work from Home Wisdom is up today - please take a look and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment